Dear FICIL Members,
Here you will find all the relevant information on the Annual General Meeting (AGM) that will be held on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 16:00. We are looking forward for volunteers to kindly host the meeting.
- Reports for the year 2017;
- Executive Board’s report;
- Financial report;
- Budget for 2018;
- Election of the new Executive Board members and election of the auditor.
- New Membership applications (TBC).
We would like to draw your attention to an important point of the agenda – election of the new Executive Board members. This year four new members of the Board need to be elected. Please do consider your own candidacy and encourage those who you think might be good candidates to stand for the election. Below please kindly see a brief description of key responsibilities. If you are hesitant, please feel free to contact me or any of the current Board members to learn more about their experience, duties and commitment.
The FICIL Board member:
- Is elected for a term of 2 years;
- Influence the way forward for the FICIL and Latvia;
- Is responsible for at least 1 work group;
- Attends various FICIL meetings (Board meetings, Members meetings, AGM, High Council meeting, meetings with senior civil servants etc.);
- Carries out at least 5 Sentiment Index interviews;
- Maintains a productive communication with FICIL office;
- Is an “Ambassador” of FICIL.
1. A short bio and photo should be sent to email@example.com. Please, include also a few sentences describing your motivation and interest in joining FICIL. Due term is 20 February 2018 until candidate presentations have started. However, we would like to encourage early application so that FICIL membership can get acquainted with the candidates.
2. All candidate information will be posted here on the FICIL website that will be constantly updated with new applications as they come in.
This is your opportunity to stand for the election to the new Board of the Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia! Chambers’ candidates should have a support of their respective chamber’s Board to stand for the election. In line with FICIL Statutes, this year no more than 2 chamber representatives can be elected.
Since 1990, Norbert Siebels holds the position of Managing Director of the Klasmann-Deilmann GmbH, headquartered in Geeste, Germany. Klasmann-Deilmann supplies growing media in more than 75 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, America and Australia.
Klasmann-Deilmann has 975 employees worldwide of which about 120 are employed in Latvia and 300 in Lithuania. Since 2011, Norbert Siebels takes an active role in the Klasmann-Deilmann Latvia SIA business processes. Through the Latvian Peat Producers Association and FICIL, he is involved in the business regulatory legislation improvements for the Latvian peat and Growing Media Industry. The main goal of his activities is creating a stable and investor-friendly business environment for the country.
In the Baltic States, Norbert Siebels is also responsible for the Group’s Bioenergy activities – an emerging business area for Klasmann-Deilmann. As a supplier of renewable resources, Klasmann-Deilmann is contributing to the supply of climate-friendly energy in the Baltics and in Scandinavia.
Prior to joining Klasmann-Deilmann, Norbert Siebels worked for five years in the field of production, import and export of flowers. Norbert Siebels holds an engineering diploma in the field of horticultural sciences and holds a PhD in horticultural economics.
In 2011, the former European Peat and Growing Media Association (EPAGMA) and the todays Growing Media Europe AISBL appointed Norbert Siebels as its Chairman. He is also Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce for Osnabrueck-Emsland-Grafschaft Bentheim.