FICIL is a non-governmental organisation that brings together the largest companies from various countries, as well as foreign chambers of commerce in Latvia and the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSER). FICIL’s mission is to improve the business and investment environment in Latvia through active dialogue with the government.
About the role: We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to assume the role of Executive Director for our Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia.
- In cooperation with the Board develop and implement the overall strategy and goals that are in alignment with the organization’s mission;
- Oversee the development and execution of organization’s priorities, objectives and agenda;
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with foreign investors, government officials, business leaders, and other key stakeholders to enhance the Council’s influence and impact;
- Act as the primary liaison between the Council and its members, ensuring effective communication and addressing their concerns;
- Lead and motivate a dedicated team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, international relations, economics, or a related field;
- Excellent knowledge of Latvian and English.
- Excellent personal credibility;
- Broad and strong knowledge of the business environment and its legal framework, as well as an understanding of global economic trends;
- Wide network of professional and social contacts;
- Experience in senior level management;
- Ability to represent the organisation and its opinion;
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Communication, presentation, argumentation and negotiation skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and delegate.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to contribute to the overall improvement of the investment environment in Latvia;
- Opportunities for continuous learning and professional development, including participation in relevant conferences, workshops, and training programs;
- Access to a broad network of influential stakeholders, including government officials, and business leaders;
- An international working environment;
- Monthly gross salary starting from 3300 EUR.
Please submit your application in english (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November