NGO Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia (FICIL), reg. No. 50008063171, operates under the legal status of an association, registered on 28 November 2005 in the Republic of Latvia.
Information Collection and Use
We collect the following information for administration and organisational purposes:
Information you (or your employer) give us:
In order to participate in FICIL or take part in the membership, you or your employer (FICIL member organisation or company) may give us information by filling in forms on our site www.ficil.lv or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. That includes information when you apply to become a member, subscribe or register for any of our work groups, meetings or events.
Your personal information you or your employer gives us may include your name and surname, work place, job title, your work-related or personal email address, phone number, and in some cases your car registration number (for when it is required by the law or the company at which you are going to park your car) and personal identification number (if required for entering the Cabinet of Ministers, other state institutions, ministries or parliament). If you apply to become a FICIL Board member, we also require your Resume (CV) and personal address for submitting the documents necessary for the State Registry of Enterprises.
Your organisation’s legal information we collect and store include the name of Latvian entity, legal status in Latvia, registration and VAT numbers, company’s mailing address, company’s phone number, website, the name of the parent company (if applicable), applying company’s country of origin, applying company’s business sector, industry or field of operation, the cumulative investment in Latvia or the amount of annual professional services billed in Latvia, the percentage owned by any Latvian governmental or municipal institution, as well as the latest company annual report or financial statements, according to FICIL Statutes Article 3.1.1.
Information we collect about you:
Regarding each of your visits to www.ficil.lv we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login timings, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and the type of device.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other external sources or online platforms we operate in (Google Docs, Microsoft Teams, Survey Monkey, Doodle, Zoom, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
Uses Made of the Information
Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to administer and organise the activities and internal operations of FICIL;
- to notify or inform you about your membership, our events, meetings, changes, etc.;
- to respond to requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from your membership in FICIL, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about FICIL, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention and Removal of Data
You retain the right to revoke the use of your data at any time. Upon your request, we will delete your Personal Data. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from receiving any information from FICIL, including the monthly newsletter.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Latvia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Latvia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- to our contractors or service providers if necessary for event organisation purposes;
- to media for conducting interviews, opinion articles or broadcasts only with your consent for each case;
- for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FICIL, our members, or others.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We can issue invoices for admission, participation and membership of FICIL. For this reason, we will store or collect your organisation’s bank account details. We do not use any payment processors on our webpage; therefore, we cannot store your payment card details.